Monday, November 16, 2009

Advice on medical research schools?

I'm thinking about attending a university for medical research. I'm very interested in trying to find cures to diseases, and bettering the cures we currently have.


What type of high school classes would help me prepare for such a career? I'm currently a sophomore, and I want to get as much headway as possible before med school.


And also, any recommendation for colleges? One in New England would be preferred.








thanks!

Advice on medical research schools?
Take as much life science as you have at your school, such as biology, chemistry (as much as possible), microbiology, physics and math through calculus. Take rigorous AP and honors classes in these areas, as that will help in entrance to a good UG school, where you would major in biochemistry (or possibly bioengineering). MIT is one of the best in NE, but there others of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment