Thursday, November 19, 2009

Anything negetive about medical research study?

I want to do it, and signed up already, but my friends keep telling me not to, they say I will have big side effects later in life, and I never know what will they put in my system. the study is for diabeties and obesity

Anything negetive about medical research study?
a legitimate scientific study will reveal to you what you were taking. They usually won't do that until the study is completed so if it is a longitudinal study of several years or more you won't know for a while. Usually one pill is a dummy or "sugar pill" or placebo and one is the trial drug. If it is a double blind neither you nor the reasearcher knows for sure what you are getting until the end. Of course there is always some risk when you start taking a new medicine and so good scientific studies have a way to find out what you are taking (usually by a number or code system) right in the middle of the study in case you have some negative reaction.
Reply:I suggest that you don't do it. Medical science treats symptoms. Eastern medicine treats causes.


No comments:

Post a Comment